HR Assistant-Data Entry (3rd Shift)
The Human Resources team is searching for ambitious personnel to join their everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. These personnel are the conduit for positive employee relations, performance management, and focal point for benefits/compensation. You would be instrumental in achieving Smithfield’s goal to become the #1 consumer packaged goods company in the world!
The HR Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the plant Human Resources department. This position will focus on COVID-19 testing, policy and procedure administration, verification auditing and various administrative duties. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well organized and have worked in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment. Candidate must have a solid foundation and understanding of Human Resources. This role is a stepping-stone for highly driven candidates to learn the organization and grow a career in Human Resources.
- Answers routine questions and inquires regarding HR departmental procedures and policies.
- Provides customer service and troubleshoots issues to resolve employee questions or complaints related to COVID processes and procedures.
- Assists in completing the contact tracing process and forms with employees.
- Data entry, communication and tracking of COVID cases, testing and results as well as reporting.
- Assists in leave and quarantine coordination.
- Assist in COVID-19 process and procedure verification audits and assist in implementing any action items identified.
- Assist the Workplace COVID Coordinator in training on COVID processes and policies.
- Completes special assignments and projects as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years HR related experience and/or training, required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous SAP/HCM system experience a preferred.
- Ability to be organized, flexible and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to deal with and handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Outstanding motivation skills and positive attitude required.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software Word and PowerPoint with intermediate or advanced level skills in Excel required.
- Preferably bi-lingual in Spanish or another language (French, Burmese or Vietnamese)
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.