Duties include but are not limited to the following: Troubleshoots and repairs Electronic and Electrical equipment. Repairs Scale’s and like systems. Aids Production Mechanics When Technical support is needed. When required weekend and overtime work. Other duties as assigned.
60% involvement with operations of the plant processing equipment and scale systems.
10% Projects ie., to improve operation efficiency & safety of plant processing
10% Food safety, Health safety, & technical training to employees
10% Daily staff meeting with maintenance supervisor, management, & associates detailing plant operations, improvements, projects, etc.
5% Assists parts manager in insuring an adequate supply of parts is maintained.
5% Complete corrective maintenance work orders, preventive maintenance work orders
1. View all areas of plant processing equipment
2. Review process schedule.
3. Aid production mechanics when troubleshooting electronic and electrical issues
4. Assess all downtime situations and notify maintenance Supervisor /maintenance Manager of any major problems
5. Review work orders and preventive maintenance work orders and prioritize.
6. Meet with relief personnel to discuss previous shift situations or any major problems
7. Review shift operations with Supervisor.
8. Conduct Repairs and Preventative maintenance on scale systems.
9. Maintain scale check and calibration work lists.
10. Maintain calibration on scale systems with state and local authorities.
11. Installation, modification and repair to all electrical/electronic devices.
- High School Grad or GED Required
- At least 2 years experience in Food Processing Maintenance desired
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of HACCP, USDA, OSHA, EPA Regulations
- Proficient in cost reduction methods
- Good organizational skills
- Tech School training in Electronics
- Two plus years Electro-Mechanical experience desired
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Safety Orientated
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Working as Part of a Team
- USDA, HACCP, OSHA, & EPA
- Use of basic electrical testing equipment
- Use of OEM programs and PC’s
- Scale systems
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.