Payroll Tax Analyst - Remote
Responsible for multi-state payroll tax administration, including research and analysis of payroll related tax laws; payroll tax deposits and reporting; communication with Federal, State and Local jurisdictions and authorities. Supports the payroll team in the accurate and timely payment and reporting of payroll taxes for the dynamic family of Smithfield employers, including 13 legal entities in the U.S. and many local authorities.
Employee will have the capacity to work remote.
- Maintains accurate records of tax withheld, payments & reporting.
- Prepares withholding, unemployment, and other payroll related tax returns.
- Maintains and adheres to schedule of payments & reporting.
- Monitors system controls of tax calculations.
- Prepares and carries out investigations into tax issues.
- Provides tax calculation explanation to employee inquiries.
- Works closely with payroll accountants in ensuring accurate liability validation.
- Maintains related accounting information.
- Reviews and confirms accuracy of W2 data.
- Conducts tax register adjustments.
- Maintains up-to-date account registrations with taxing authorities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited 4-year college or university and 2+ years experience with payroll, accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Mastertax and SAP HCM, preferred.
- Moderate skill-set in using Microsoft Office (especially Excel), required.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.