Senior Data Analyst - Advanced Analytics - Remote
As a Sr. Data Analyst, Advanced Analytics in the Finance Data Analytics department, you will be responsible for maintaining, improving, and building new data analytics models for cross-functional areas of the business. You will develop a deep understanding of operational processes and use what you learn to develop practical predictive models that have immediate business impact. You will partner with teams in various functional areas of the business. You will be responsible for building analytical models, uncovering insights, and explaining those insights to your business partners. You will also be involved in ad hoc analysis of large datasets to quickly provide information for decision making.
Employee will have the capacity to work 90-95% remote.
- Develop predictive analytics models to uncover insights about the business, using advanced statistical methods and machine learning.
- Build reports and dashboards in Microsoft Power BI and other reporting tools to communicate results of analysis.
- Build automated processes using scripting tools (Python/R/SQL/Alteryx)
- Hold training sessions on how to use the various tools and reports created by the department
- Communicate effectively with report stake holders to ensure strong understanding of the methodology behind all calculations
- Perform ad hoc analysis using data from various systems and explain results of analysis to all levels of management
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve processes, increase data integrity, and provide quality customer service to our business partners.
- Provide comprehensive analytical and fact-based reporting to support and/or identify opportunities to impact operational results, make changes to processes, and support strategic initiatives.
- Learn new technology quickly and help keep Smithfield aware of new cutting-edge technologies that are shaping the industry.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a highly quantitative field (Machine Learning, AI, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Data Science) or equivalent professional or military experience working as a Data Scientist.
- 5+ years working in an analytical role
- Knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning, recommendation systems, information retrieval.
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data.
- Experience designing experiments and ability to infer causal relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
- Experience with Data analysis in Python using Pandas/Numpy/Jupyter Notebooks, preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business logic.
- Strong experience with Power BI / Tableau, Power Pivot, SAP preferred
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.