VP, Talent Management
The VP, Talent Management provides strategic leadership by developing and leading organization-wide talent plans. This position will be responsible for optimizing Smithfield’s talent management programs through the design and development of our performance management, talent acquisition, and learning and development COE’s that set priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic initiatives.
The VP, Talent Management is responsible for helping Smithfield understand where we are, identify risks and arm our employees with the tool and resources they need to be successful by utilizing a data-based approach to talent.
- Lead the talent management strategy and design of best-in-class talent acquisition and talent development programs.
- Set a strategic vision and prioritize levels of talent work by functioning as a strategic business advisor to leadership regarding talent management. Contribute to the development and execution of overall business strategy by helping HR business partners and business leaders identify, prioritize, and build talent capabilities.
- Drive the Talent Development strategy, identify and develop learning philosophy and culture for the organization. Partner with team members in the execution of the tactical components of talent development.
- Drive the Talent Acquisition strategy, identify, and recommend process improvements. Partner with team members in the execution of these critical components of talent acquisition.
- Designs an effective implementation strategy of talent review and succession planning to full lifecycle attraction, retention, and development.
- Defines consistent and relevant talent management, organization development, learning success criteria and performance metrics to ensure program efficiency, effectiveness and return-on-investment value and identify enterprise gaps.
- Provides thought leadership into talent management and organization development strategies in support of the overall business.
- Influences and presents data driven effectiveness to senior leadership regarding the adoption and performance of talent management, organization capability, and learning programs to promote the achievement of business strategy and accelerate change.
- Collaborates closely with internal partners and stakeholders to align the talent and learning function to ensure a seamless, effective service experience for employees and managers.
- Manages performance of the talent management and learning team delivering services consistent with business strategy with a focus on process optimization, consistent use of technology and systems, and overall operational excellence.
- Manage multiple teams and provide guidance to associates to enhance their skillsets and experience within the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 15+ years of progressive talent management experience including, but not limited to, sourcing and full life cycle recruiting and implementing learning and development programs, required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of senior level business leadership experience to include team development and management in a large and complex organization, required.
- Previous industrial psychology or organizational development focus, a plus.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting organization-wide talent management, performance management, and training & development.
- Talent acquisition program management design experience including but not limited to early career recruiting and development, accelerated talent hiring programs, internal and rotational talent programs, etc.
- Experience in building a talent pipeline by building and utilizing a variety of sourcing strategies and tools.
- Ability to build, refine and execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects, and executive level relationships.
- Demonstrated success operating in a consultative role at the executive level and building relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills, with a keen focus on delivering business results.
- Proven consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Possess analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team that will become our future talent pipeline.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Carries out managerial/supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.