The Administrative Assistant completes a wide-range of administrative support related duties, sensitive assignments, projects and reports in a confidential and professional manner. The Administrative Assistant will be a resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient.
- Provides routine assistance to managers on a day-to-day basis.
- Works semi-independently on a variety of projects related to the campus and business units.
- Prepares reports, gathering, summarizing, and analyzing data; organizes and maintains correspondence and records, following up on pending matters.
- Pro-actively manage and maintain an accurate and detailed calendar for the business.
- Organize internal and external meetings for various levels within the organization, including logistical and substantive preparation; manage all travel scheduling and arrangements anticipating and resolving conflicts independently.
- Track and reconcile monthly credit card statements; complete and submit expense reports, and other expenditures accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicates and/or coordinates instructions and desires with various individuals and/or departments at all levels of the organization, the managers team, which may include external customers and clients.
- Accountable for various daily, weekly and monthly reporting within several business units.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 2+ years related experience and/or training, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Experience providing administrative support to managers in a large multi-national company, preferred.
- Detail oriented, organized with ability to successfully multi-task and think differently to drive innovative ideas.
- Positive, tenacious attitude; strong verbal and written communication, and project management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and preference for collaboration with proven success working with others; ability to work with high profile individuals externally, as well as collaborate internally.
- Solid typing, grammar, spelling and proof-reading skills.
- Strict ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Discretion, good judgment ability, adaptable and versatile individual.
- Proficiency in MS Office: EXCEL, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.