Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst - Commodities (Hybrid Opportunity)
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for developing and conducting sourcing projects including but not limited to RFQ data management, Data Analysis, Spend Reporting, Market Analysis, Bid Analysis and overall supporting the category management team in day-to-day tasks for the categories of Sweeteners, Cheeses, Starches, Natural Gas, Electricity, and more.
- Data Collection: Technical specifications and commercial specifications, including buyer info, bid item, volume, supplier management, pricing, etc. Partner to identify Decision Matrix criterion and provide relevant data and recommendations back to internal category management team.
- Supplier Research & Outreach: Informs current suppliers about upcoming bids (e.g., e-mail letter and / or direct contact). Starts supplier outreach (both current and new suppliers); submits list of potentially interested new suppliers and RFI for approval; manages the signoff list of potential suppliers for participation and RFI; Sends RFI to targeted suppliers.
- RFQ (Request for Quotation) Development & Publication: Supports or leads RFQ activity. Drafts and clarifies requirements with stakeholders; Sends 1st RFQ Draft to team for feedback; Publishes and finalizes RFQ
- Qualifying Round: Runs Qualifying Round and RFQ Submitted by Suppliers; Proposes Negotiation Strategies and Supplier Participation.
- RFQ Update: Publishes RFQ Updates, if required.
- Post-bid Analysis & Award: Collects post-bid data, analysis, provides recommendation, and award.
- Market Analysis: Provides team with recurring input cost market reports pertaining to specific categories by utilizing “should cost” modeling techniques captured through market intel to identify benchmarks and best practices.
- Projects: Assists and/or leads the creation and implementation of initiatives focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and achievement of various Sustainability-related company goals.
- Financial Risk Management: Collects and reviews category contracts, historical price data and/or invoices, assists Trading team in correlation models between physical index and available financial derivatives, assists on hedge strategy and execution as needed, tracks and reports on hedge positions by category.
- Travels to supplier facilities as well as Smithfield production facilities to gain education on production processes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years’ relevant analytical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Experience in Commodity markets (e.g. Dairy, Corn, Soybean, Energy, etc.), strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with SAP and Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Project.
- Project Management skills and experience, preferred.
- Understanding of “should cost” modeling techniques, preferred.
- Understanding of financial risk management/hedging purpose and strategies, preferred.
- Ability to run correlation models and understand/apply results
- Experience with e-sourcing tools such as Scout, Zycus, Coupa, and Ariba, preferred.
- Capability to synthesize data from multiple resources to build actionable recommendations.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data with extreme accuracy.
- Understands system capabilities and finds way to improve system performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.