Senior Manager - Capital Strategic Sourcing
The Senior Capital Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing and driving the sourcing strategy for Capital Equipment and Contractor Services for Smithfield Foods. Estimated annual spend is $400M. This position will support the Director, Capital Strategic Sourcing managing the strategic sourcing of equipment and services to support the Smithfield Food’s annual Capital equipment procurement plan. Responsibilities will include leading and developing the Capex category through market and industry analysis, supplier research and review, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing events, analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementation. The scope of this position includes aligning overarching sourcing goals with Capital Equipment Procurement Plan strategy development, financial planning and budgeting, providing cross functional support for Smithfield production facilities.
- Develop program procurement, purchasing, contracts, negotiations & vendor selection, including frameworks for vendor evaluation, engagement and RFP ownership.
- Establish extensive professional knowledge and experience of principles and techniques of negotiation to advise the business, direct and secure the best outcome for the company, maximize leverage control and steer complex and critical negotiations.
- Develop, direct, and manage overall cost reduction targets and oversee execution of initiatives.
- Responsible for conducting spend analysis, analyzing supply markets, identifying sourcing value levers, executing competitive RFIs/RFPs and leading supplier negotiations.
- Drive continuous improvement in supplier performance, business adoption, technology enhancements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders to understand and support their vendor needs; work with managers and key partners to identify opportunities to leverage purchasing power.
- Further reduce cost in the Smithfield supply chain by working with production schedulers, purchasing operation leads and plant personnel as needed.
- Assure Smithfield leverages its buying power on cost of goods and ensure sustainable supply of quality materials. Review all direct material purchasing arrangements with vendors and team on an annual or semi-annual basis.
- Continue developing better relations with our vendor community and the expectation of improving cost and/or service and consolidation of material SKU’s.
- Realize full potential of employees to maximize value to the organization through training, educated and motivating in a positive, proactive manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 8+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in sourcing at a plant or corporate level Capital Equipment and Contractor, required.
- Strong Mechanical, MRO product knowledge and MRO supplier familiarity in the Process Food Industry helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with SAP
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills, strong negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Office work environment with potential for up to 20% travel required
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides leadership and direction to sourcing team.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
More than 63,000 employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 63,000 team members are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.®" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.