Corporate HR Generalist
The Human Resources team is searching for ambitious personnel to join their everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. These personnel are the conduit for positive employee relations, performance management, and focal point for benefits/compensation. You would be instrumental in achieving Smithfield’s goal to become the #1 consumer packaged goods company in the world!
Provides general human resource assistance to a business unit or corporate functional area which may include recruiting, selection and staffing, employment and personnel documentation, job evaluation, compensation, and/or benefits. This position performs complex duties requiring independent judgment and coordination in one or more areas of a comprehensive human resource operation.
- Recruits key hourly and/or salaried employees, collects and analyzes HR data and makes recommendations to the HR Manager.
- Reviews employment applications and resumes and interview applicants.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Conducts new-employee orientations.
- Researches and administers other applicant sourcing programs.
- Maintains the Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Responsible for creating and managing requisition creations.
- Manages external hiring process and assists with internal transfer process, including job bid movement.
- Supports the functional areas of human resources including, but not limited to, recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, benefits administration, training, AA/EEO, labor relations, safety, FMLA administration, investigations and special projects.
- Assists with the development of various activities such as job fairs, training and development workshops, labor relations, and payroll processing.
- Assists with the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field and 2+ years related experience and/or training, required.
- Knowledge of employment law practices.
- Experience in administration of benefits, compensation, and other programs.
- Knowledge of Internet software, Microsoft Excel, Word Processing, and Power Point.
- Experience with a recruiting system, such as iCims, and knowledge of SAP HRIS, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- B-lingual in Spanish or another language, preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.