Employee Experience & Engagement Specialist (Hybrid Opportunity)
The Human Resources team is searching for ambitious personnel to join their everyday mission to discover, hire, and retain great talent. This role will be the conduit for positive employee relations, performance management, and driving a positive workplace culture. You would be instrumental in achieving Smithfield’s goal to become the #1 consumer packaged goods company in the world!
The Employee Experience and Engagement Specialist is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of proactive human resource strategies for both union and non-union facilities across multiple states.
This position will be focused on promoting education, awareness, alignment, and an accountability centric mindset along with a culture of engaging others. This will be accomplished using consultative methods, qualitative data, diagnosing gaps, and recommending viable solutions that drive a favorable employee experience across the organization.
The Employee Experience and Engagement Specialist will be expected to support delivery of creative and robust employee relations programs and solutions that align and enhance Smithfield’s vision, culture, values, strategy, and operations model to retain the very best, diverse, forward-thinking talent.
- Supports deployment of the People agenda for the business, including strategic programs, actions and initiatives that enable the delivery of the manufacturing business strategy across all manufacturing facilities.
- Reinforces a positive culture through the execution of strong internal communications and employee engagement strategies with a focus on driving employee retention.
- Drives the communications of Smithfield’s Core 4 Competencies to create a roadmap for leadership to utilize when building engagement and retention plans. Focusing on driving a culture of gratitude, accountability, and respect.
- Creates a culture of enthusiastic learners by promoting the Smithfield DEI and Talent Development initiatives. Identify gaps and make recommendations for additional training, education and development needs, partnering with the DEI, Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, and HR teams to ensure a consistent approach to learning across the Company.
- Drive collaboration and promotes inclusive leadership and teams.
- Coordinates coaching, counseling, education, and training support across facilities for managers on key issues/trends identified.
- Assists in the deployment of the employee survey process and utilizes reports out on the data to create action plans that increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Conduct employee focus groups, surveys, and feedback meetings to ensure their effectiveness and that leaders are properly taking action on feedback and driving ongoing communication to close the loop with employees.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity, assist in driving initiatives.
- Coordinate and at times facilitate activities to enhance employee morale, satisfaction, and commitment.
- Stays abreast of external trends and activities related to the enhancement of morale and employee commitment.
- Supports management training with the goal of driving positive employee relations and to ensure that we remain union-free at all current nonunion locations.
- Collaborates with diverse cross-functional teams to identify and implement regular enhancements to engagement programs as part of continuous improvement efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 2+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- PHR or SPHR certification, preferred.
- Prior experience leading or working closely with areas such as Talent Management, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition, and Diversity and Inclusion and Total Rewards.
- Experience executing delivery of organizational actions and imperatives that shape and influence culture.
- Experience motivating, training and coaching employees to encourage optimum performance and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across organizational boundaries and reporting lines.
- Collaborating and working well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, problem solving, decision making and project management.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Food industry experience is a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time depending upon initiatives.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.