Associate Continuous Improvement Specialist - MIQ
The Associate Smithfield Way Continuous Improvement Specialist assists in implementing all facets of The Smithfield Way to include both the M-IQ process and the minimum outlined plant facility requirements. Responsible to improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to drive efficiencies, reduce cost and increase product quality attributes. Provides advisement and recommendations to key management personnel to influence culture change to the new methodology.
- The dedicated “Plant Champion” for all elements of The Smithfield Way, and will participate as a member of the implementation team to properly deploy the program, and then ensure it is sustained to meet the governance of the program.
- Assists with the deployment of The Smithfield Way tenants within the facility in which they are responsible.
- Conducts problem solving activities with the plant team to troubleshoot manufacturing/business and operational issues.
- Completes advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping.
- Optimize manufacturing processes to attain product quality, efficiency, and process repeatability.
- Conducts compliance audits, program evaluations, and reviews to drive results with the fortitude to ensure change is sustainable.
- Partners with Operations and Engineering teams to monitor and evaluate effectiveness of newly implemented tools and tenants.
- Strategic thinking skills, and the ability to effectively translate strategy into operating methodology and results.
- Work with corporate C.I. staff in the development of strategic plans to further the performance of the business through the utilization of Continuous Improvement methodologies and tools.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university; or currently enrolled college student with an anticipated graduation by end of current semester.
- Demonstrated understanding of Continuous Improvement and lean manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced level knowledge of Excel.
- Solid analytical skills, with practical operational knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Demonstrated planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills.
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- May travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.