Summer 2023 Intern - Information Technology
The Smithfield internship program offers students a paid opportunity to work in an environment that fosters real-life experiences, explores career options and applies your education. You will become a part of key management meetings and participate in meaningful projects. Our goal is to provide a working environment that not only encourages creativity, but offers equality, diversity, mutual respect and productivity. Our summer internships are typically 10 weeks.
The Information Technology Summer Intern is responsible for assisting with various IT oriented projects, initiatives and services as directed. This assistance ranges from desktop support, incident resolution and reporting, documentation and general IT&T administrative and support services.
$18.00 - $19.00
- Monitors ServiceNow Assignment Group incidents and support requests.
- Provides weekly and monthly reporting of ServiceNow Incidents by Assignment Group and priority.
- Assist with the rollout and documentation of the Service Catalog module within ServiceNow.
- Provides end user support in various levels of technical and non-technical staff.
- Develops, prepares and reviews documentation to identify and improve our technology solutions.
- Supports PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Participates as team member on various IT&T oriented projects.
- Provides excellent customer service to our end users.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Completion of sophomore year at an accredited four year university.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or Engineering.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Knowledge of basic Information Technology principals and techniques.
- Proficient use of computers.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Proactive thinker and self-motivated.
- Strong time, project, and organizational management skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.