Electrical Technician - 3rd Shift - Relocation Assistance!
Need help with your application? Join us during our walk-in hours!
Monday and Thursday - 8am to 7pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday - 8am to 5pm.
A great job and a great future await you at Smithfield Foods. As the world’s largest pork processor and largest hog producer in the United States, we’re a $16 billion global food company with more than 55,000 employees. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
Our team members receive industry-leading wages and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- Hourly Maintenance Starting Pay $26.15 - $33.85
- $1.10/hr shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional development, and tuition assistance.
Smithfield Foods of Sioux Falls, SD is seeking qualified trades people with previous Electrical training & experience to join our Maintenance team. Individuals with Electrical Electronics and/or Electrical experience will be given preference.
Qualified candidates should have a working knowledge of:
- Programmable logic/automation controllers, human-machine interfaces, hardware, and associated programming languages (Ladder Logic, FBD, SFC, Structured Text). Platforms include; Rockwell Automation, Siemens, GE, Horner, Opto22.
- Strong knowledge of AC induction motors, controls, sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical systems, start-up, and troubleshooting.
- Computer/device networking using standard protocols (Ethernet/IP, Devicenet, Modbus, Hart, DH+/485, ASCII)
- Knowledgeable in processes such as food processing/packaging, water treatment, refrigeration, and boiler control
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate strong safety leadership skills and follow safe work practices.
- Work as part of a team to plan and conduct equipment repairs.
- Conduct routine audits and equipment inspections.
- Maintain open and professional line of communication with operations.
- Respond to unplanned/emergency work requests in a timely & effective manner.
- Follow food safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Be highly motivated and able to work independently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Journeyman Electrical License or completion of a 2 year degree in either; Robotics, PLC, instrumentation, electrical, electronics, or Megatronics program.
- Two years of industrial maintenance experience including comprehensive knowledge in three or more of the following areas:
- Mechanical systems
- Predictive/Predictive maintenance
- Maintenance Planning
- Site utilities
- System analysis & troubleshooting
- Pipefitting & welding
- Metal Fabrication
- Electricity & motor controls
- Controls & instrumentation
- PLC/software & hardware
- Pneumatics & Hydraulics
- Basic computer skills and the ability to work independently are also required for this position.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a certification or degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance and/or related college or technical level course work.
- This is a full time hourly position; all applicants should be willing to work all shifts (days/evenings/overnights), extended hours and weekends.
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.
Why Work at Smithfield Foods?
We are committed to meeting our employees' needs, addressing their concerns and helping them enjoy rewarding careers with our company.
With more than 60,000 jobs globally, our employees drive our success. We strive to create a fair, ethical and rewarding work environment.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job – it's the foundation for a lifelong career with training designed to help you advance professionally.
Our people matter. That's why we offer excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time employees.
Sustainability is ingrained in our culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the future.
About Smithfield FoodsHeadquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly®" and serve as one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies.
We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030.
We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan's Famous®, among many others.
For more information connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.